Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 11, 2010

My First Flight

My first flight was the most amazing feeling I've had controlling any type of machine. We took about 30 minutes checking the planes fuel, checking all the electrical in the plane was functional, and looking at the entire out side of the plane to make sure there were no holes or dents of any type on the air craft. But I was talking to my instructor and he said that i seemed very prepared for this flight and knew a lot about the engine almost more then him which made me feel like a million bucks.

Taking off was so stressful mostly because i was made to contact the radio tower and use their code names like Al fa, Delta, Charlie, etc... But I got to taxi down the run way which I did a pretty good job on, Then we were cleared for take off so i gave the plane power and move it onto the runway then we were cleared to go. When I hit full power on that bad boy were got off the ground in a matter of seconds. Those planes only need to go about 40mph to lift of the ground.

So now I was up in the air I felt like I had the world under my feet and I literally did. I had complete control over the plane and when I turned it I think my heart skipped a beat. But at the same time never in my life felt more alive. We flew over Enfield most of the time which was nice and we did sets of maneuvers that were part of the lesson and I nailed them. we were only up there for 45 minutes and came back for our landing which he took care of because I was still way to new for that step.

When we flew over the school / lake and it was weird because even though I've been in planes hundreds of times I never saw the ground in the same perspective. I looked down I saw my friends houses there cars and how small it all was from up there and it made me realize that the world is a lot bigger than just my Ithaca and that if I can be flying a plane over my home town I can do what ever I want in this life.

After the Flight was all over we parked the plane and debriefed I was graded on my proformance and I am pretty sure I got a perfect score. so All in all it was a perfect day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment